Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another quilt finished!




This past weekend I was at a quilt retreat, and finished binding "Tribble Trouble", a top that I did at a retreat at Iron River with Wanda Curtis in the 1990's. Not sure which year, but I have fabric in it that was from the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus (when he brought guns and disease to the people already living here!). I know I had the blocks done that weekend, but then bordered it years later when I finally decided what to put on for borders. I quilted it on my Nolting before Christmas, before I did my mother's quilt, but hadn't bound it. I stitched the binding on a few weeks ago, and had been hand stitching the back part here and there since then. So I finished it last weekend. But that was after taking a few other projects to the next step. I stitched together some Halloween blocks from a QuiltChicks exchange, and Purple Mountains from another QC exchange. Both are now ready to border. I'll take them with me on Thursday when my group is meeting at Silver Thimble Quilt Shoppe. I also added borders on a small wall hanging, a wool oak leaf, very pretty. I also embroidered words for a snowman wall quilt. Need to do more with that one before it will be ready to quilt... but another step is GOOD!
My student teacher is finished. I missed the kids, but I am also extremely TIRED these days. My next goal is to get "healthy", so I have more energy. Baby Steps add up. Just like with quilts... piece by piece. =-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Carol. Congrats on getting another UFO done and out of the pile! Maybe you'll inspire me once I get my own place again.

Love,
Jan