Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm cooling down

after my walk this morning. I am working on getting back to exercising. Today I finally walked a 2 mile route. I've been so out of shape! I am also doing yoga and small weights alternating days. Man, I am aching all over, but I know it's a good ache and I will get stronger every day. I decided I had to FORCE myself to do this as I feel like such a slug. Now that my medication is straightened out, I need to work on my body. I hate the fact that I weigh more than I ever have in my life. UGH!

Our kittens are so much fun! They are really bonding with us. We have Daisy on antibiotics again, because she was still coughing. I hope this time it clears up. I feel so bad for her when she starts coughing.

We had our DGD with us at our camper this weekend. She is really growing up. Memorial Day weekend we had her there and we gave her money so she could buy stuff at the ranger station. This time she brought her own money. She earned it doing chores. So after that was gone she decided she would do chores for us. She asked where the dishes things were and did the dishes. Then she vacuumed the camper. All pretty good, since we would have just given her some money. I think it's good for her to earn it. She also is starting to care about her hair and put on nail polish (fingers and toes both) she bought at a rummage sale. Then she had me put it on and told me I looked really "cool" It was shiny bright red. Not MY thing! It lasted one day and I took it off! I'll stick with my clear nail strengthener. Now we have to get her to brush her teeth without being told to. =-)

I didn't have much "me" time with DGD there, but I did work on a DJ block while sitting watching her swim. I just have to cut it down to size. I was also sewing beads on a post card while sitting around a fire. Almost finished with that. I am having fun making post cards. They are like mini quilts. I can try different things on a small scale.

Today I am going to work on quilting things. I will finish my post card, and I think I will piece the back for a quilt so I can get it on my frame. I'd like to get one quilted this week. I will also start another DJ block today, I think.

Today I am feeling good. =-)

No comments: