Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting ready for a quilt show

Every three years the quilt group I helped start in Two Rivers, the Ladies of the Lake, has a members only non-judged quilt show at the Rahr-West Museum and Art Gallery.  This year it's our turn, again, to have a show there in December.  Last night I was working on finishing a challenge quilt, and also measuring the quilts I will be showing so I could get the information to the liaison in the group who will give the information to the Rahr. This is always an exciting time.  The Art Gallery hires a quilt related speaker for the opening, and it is pretty cool to be one of the people involved.  I could drive down to meetings now that I am retired, but just can't seem to get the energy to do it. I'm always invited to show as a charter member.  Since I've been working on UFOs, I have a number of things I will be putting in the show. Now I just have to get hanging sleeves on the ones that don't have one! 

No comments: