Wednesday, August 17, 2005

WOW...I am actually home for a couple of days... but

...tomorrow I have to go to a technology day because since I am the new social studies department chair I am in charge of the dept website and also I am doing one of my own.

I have been doing so much... way too much... I need to learn to say ,"No!"

Last night I got 2.5 hours of sleep. I was working on my homework for my archaeology class. I had to have everything in today (we upload to a web site). I was up doing that, and then had to get up to take DH to the Dr. for his colon thingie today (ugh). I read 2 quilting magazines while there waiting, and then took him to Perkins for breakfast. I dropped him off at home, and went to school because I had worked on a lesson in May for archaeology class and I had forgotten to e-mail it home. I went and picked up my keys and then did my mail. It was a good thing I went in, too, because there was an e-mail there telling me they lost all of my information for the technology thing tomorrow due to a "computer glitch" so I had to re-register at the web site. Then I ran to get cat food (well, I drove my car, actually), and then I came back and worked on homework again. Then, all of a sudden I realized I had DJ club tonight and I hadn't prepared anything for it (I usually prepare it a couple of weeks ahead, but I would have had to be home to do that... with no homework, too). So I whipped out something for that, too. (pant, pant). It went fine. I came home after and made two phone calls so an hour later here I am.

Last week I was at my class, and Thursday night (my last night there) DH called me and told me he was losing vision in an eye and lots of floaters and flashing lights. So here I am, 4 hours away, without a car (my friend drove) and it is 9 PM, and he calls me about it because he doesn't know if he should do something. So there I am, 4 hours away, remember, freaking out telling him his retina might be detaching and he needs to go in right away. He went to urgent care and the Dr. there didn't know diddly squat. She couldn't "see" anything (so nothing's wrong... even though in order to see the retina etc. his eyes would need to be dilated and she would actually have to know what she was doing). She wrote he had floaters and told him to call an ophthalmologist in the morning. Well, lucky for her he didn't totally lose his sight. He does have a "separated" retina, which when I looked it up on the internet said it was the same as detached, but there is no tear with vitreous fluid leaking, so he doesn't need surgery... right now. He has to go back in a couple of weeks, and I am writing him a list of questions to ask because he never asks anything and it drives me nuts!!! Whew. Now that's out!

One of my phone calls tonight was to a friend to thank her again and again for helping me on Thursday night. After I got DH's call I was freaking and didn't know what to do so I called a good friend and she and her husband went out to see if they could find DH and eventually found him at home. They made him promise that if anything happened he would call them and they would come to help. I was concerned about him driving himself to the Dr. with failing vision, even if it was only one eye. He still has reduced vision, with tons of floaters, both large and like pepper. He drew me a picture of what he sees and it must be awful. Eventually his brain will learn to see through it, but it is bad right now. I have floaters, too, (doesn't everyone who is older?) but his are a lot worse.

We went up to the trailer on Saturday, and I practically slept the whole weekend. DH had to work on Sat., so we couldn't go until late Sat. afternoon. I was able to work on some homework on Friday night and all day Sat. so this was a good thing. So on Sat. we got there, and I took a nap. We sat at a neighbor's fire for awhile that night and went to bed early. I slept late Sun. Got up and sat at friend's trailer for a couple of hours, and then went and took a nap. A bunch of us went out for dinner together on Sunday night, and then came back to our campfire because DH had made dessert. He had made it to take to carving on Wed. and messed up and doubled the recipe so we took the extra up there where we never have to worry about getting rid of anything! We all crashed about 10. I woke up late on Monday, got up and sewed on some DJ blocks. Then I ... you guessed it... took a nap. Then we came home and I started more homework. So it is a good thing I got all that sleep over the weekend or I never would have made it through today. Time for bed now! Yawn! Have to go get some sleep before my head explodes, or I have to get up at 5:30, whichever comes first!

No comments: