Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I wonder if I will ever catch up...

Does this sound like a continuous lament? Well, it is! I had grades due yesterday. Friday some special education kids gave me late/missing work, and since they are spec ed we have to accept it. So I was up until 1:00 Sunday night correcting it. I was too busy the rest of the weekend, Grrrr. At school I finished posting the grades and added comments, and finished just in time. Then I started to correct Geography Bee tests and finished those at 11:00 last night. Today I gave the kids a test, and while they tested I was correcting another assignment (Egyptian Coffins designed especially for themselves. The kids love it). I still have two classes papers to do, and I haven't even started the tests yet. (Take a deep breath!) So, I have decided that tomorrow they are seeing a video! I can correct while they watch. It's not the most exciting video, but hey, it'll give them something to do while I catch up! Ancient China, our next topic. I came up with some new activities to try. We are on a big literacy kick, so have lots of new ideas. Good, too.

Speaking of the "literacy kick," my partner in crime and I prepared today for our staff development presentaion on vocabulary activities after school today. We present on Monday after work hours. We have one more time to present this year yet, in February. I don't know why I keep agreeing to do these things! We DO get paid, so that is a good thing.

A magazine did an article on DH and his carving. A reporter came recently and interviewed him. The reporter hardly wrote anything down, but most of what he wrote was correct. It is pretty cool to see it. DH really is good at carving. He is down in the basement carving right now. Just a few more Santas... He isn't going to sell carvings after this year. He wants to be able to carve what he wants to carve, and let it be a hobby again instead of a job. He also will get at some things around the house. After 5 years he is finally going to wire the basement. Wooooo Hooooo! Then he'll insulate it and we'll have wall board put up, and also the bathroom down there will be put in. My sewing room will be moved down there after that. Hopefully that will be early this summer. I'll have twice the amount of space as I have now. We'll also have a guest bedroom again (my sewing room now). Our granddaughter asked if we could call it HER room! LOL

I came home tonight already exhausted. I am soon going to go and unpack a few Christmas boxes to decorate. We'll do the tree this weekend. Over the weekend we did the outside decorating. Good thing, too. This morning it was -2 degrees when I was driving to school. I HATE BEING COLD!!!!!!!!

Well, time to go deck the halls and fa la la la la and all that! Jingle your sleigh bells! Angel

No comments: