Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Howdy! Well, it is Dec. 24, and in a little while I will be going to finish my Christmas shopping! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! No choice, actually, as every minute of every day has been filled to overflowing! I am keeping my "cool" though, and not freaking out. I thought I would write this first, and then go out. I'll go to the mall that is very close to our house (a mile) and hopefully will find everything I need there. Only need a few things yet.

Actually I am really relaxing so far this break. DH and I went to Appleton yesterday and we bought some things for ourselves. Got a few presents, too. =-) We had finished shopping for DGD on Thursday night after picking up my car at the garage.

Oh yeah, my car... I got in my car to go to work on Wed. and I couldn't turn the key to start it. I called DH and he came to get me to take me to school. Thursday (first day of vacation) I waited for a tow truck to come get my car. The guy who came used a ball-peen (sp?) hammer to tap my key farther into the ignition and was able to start it to back out and get it in line for the tow truck. I had to pay for him anyway, so I just let him take it in rather than drive it and have to take the shuttle home, etc. It cost almost $300 to fix and cover the towing. I needed a new "tumbler" unit for the ignition. At least it works now and I keep telling myself, "It's cheaper than car payments. It's cheaper than car payments." I really do love my car! I'll keep it as long as it works and isn't costing me too much money to upkeep. I will probably buy a new car right before retirement. I still subtract the car payment money and hopefully will be able to pay for a new car and not have car payments then. We want to also have our house paid off by retirement. I am paying extra on that, too.

Tonight DH and I are going to have a fire, sip Bailey's Irish Cream, open presents and just relax and have some quality time together. That will be a nice way to spend Christmas Eve. =-) Tomorrow we will go to church and later in the afternoon travel to my sister's house for a family get together. We have a few things scheduled for next week, but basically it will be "go with the flow." I hope to be able to do some quilting!

My first day of break, besides waiting for a tow truck, I finished making some bracelets for Christmas gifts. I needed another hobby like another hole in the head, but I sure am having fun! It was people at the campground who got me going on this. I jumped in with both feet, too! The funny thing is, I don't usually wear a lot of jewelry! But I love the bracelets I have been making. I took a photo of some I made recently. Not sure how well they will show up, but will post them as soon as I have time to put the phots into the computer.

I want to get back to scrapbooking, too! I have photos to do a book for DGD about our disney trip (almost 2 years ago!), and bought a book to start to redo my sons' photos from childhood. I think that will be fun! I originally put them in magnetic page books, which are totally falling apart. Also, I put every picture in, no matter how bad it was. Like my finger is in the picture... LOL! So this will be fun to fix up for them.

Well, if I don't get off of the computer I won't get anything done, right? So I will end for now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Angel

No comments: