Saturday, January 14, 2006

Half way through January already

and I can't believe it! I guess when you are so busy, the time flies!

School has been keeping me busy, as usual. I have a pile to correct that I plan to do on Wed. when I show an all period video each class. That's the only way I can catch up sometimes! It IS a worthwhile video, not just a time filler. We are starting to get into Greece now. Fun!

Rich and I finally sent out some Christmas cards recently. A bit late... but better late than never. Our holiday time was so full. My mom ended up in the hospital with congestive heart failure. She is home, doing sooo much better now. She never really "bounced back" from the surgery to implant the pacemaker. I'm sure it was because of the CHF, but no one realized it until she was having so much trouble breathing that Dad took her to the emergency room. There was fluid in her lungs. I haven't seen her since she got home, but have talked with her on the phone and she sounds a lot better than she has for months. She says she feels better, too.

I've been lazy so far this Saturday. I am feeling somewhat guilty that right now Rich is doing the dishes. But then, hey, I can get over that. =-) The only reason I feel guilty is that it is usually a job I do, and he was just saying that he has so much to do today. He is planning to work on my studio in the basement, so I should really go let him do that.

We got a phone call from some friends in Manitowoc and they are coming over after they do some shopping today. We have invited them for supper. Guess I'd better go buy some food!

Today I want to finish quilting the baby quilt that I have half finished. I also want to sew binding on it and the first one I quilted so I have hand work to take to quilting. The last two weeks I haven't done anything because I had nothing prepared. I am going to be glad to finish them and send them on their way! I have that as a thing hanging over my head. It'll be nice to get out from under it! I have to think about DJ club which is next week, too.

In the last few days I have had the opportunity to make up my mind, finally, about which direction I want to go in regarding machines. I looked at the Bernina 440 with the stitch regulator. I also looked at the Handi-Quilter. Tried both, too. But, I have decided to go with a Nolting Hobby Quilter (the new one has a new name, but I am not sure what it is, can't remember what she said) once the basement studio is finished. I will keep my Bernina 170 with the embroidery module. If I get another machine it will be a Pfaff to do different things on, but I don't even know if I will do that. First the Nolting! I will finally get all those tops quilted! It is a long arm, but not as expensive as larger ones, and also very light weight. I can't wait to get it and start playing. =-)

Well, best to stop talking about it and start doing it!

Angel

No comments: