Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sad...

I took Tuggy to the vet today and had her put to sleep. It was so sad. I stayed with her because I knew how nervous she is with other people, so I wanted to be there to hold her. She was just getting so weak and was throwing up and peeing outside of her litter box on a rug. She just wanted to lay next to us on the couch and get petted. When I took her in to the vet I held her in my arms and cuddled her and she let me do it. She never wanted to be held, but she let me hold her today. I got her wet with tears dropping on her while I cuddled her. The people at the vet were so nice and our regular vet came in to talk to me and pet Tuggs, and to tell me I was doing the right thing. Another doctor did the actual deed. I had not stayed with a pet before. Usually I made Rich take the animal in, and he never stayed. So this was a new experience for me. A very sad experience. Tuggy was really my cat. She had a special connection to me from the minute I saw her. So this was very hard today. I woke up about an hour ago, thinking about her and what she looked like when she died. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and came down to work on the computer. I needed to post this so my friends know that it is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so very sorry... they love us unconditionally... and are completely dependent on us for their care...

tuggy will always be following you.. say hi to her when you pass her favorite spots in the house...

all my love,
jonathan