Thursday, July 16, 2009

Middle of July???!!!???

Oh- my- gosh- my summer is half over and I have not been home at all until this week. I don't know what to do first! I sew for awhile and then go weed in the garden and then take a walk and then read and then clean something, and then I start all over again. I feel like I am running in circles. I need to be able to slow down and actually live in the moment! It isn't that I haven't had fun, but just am waaaaaaaay too busy.

I bought a new phone today. One I can use to e-mail, etc. I will have to play with it and read the book and look at the CD they included with it to figure out how to use it.

I joined "Scrap Therapy" at Silver Thimble. I cut fabric into 5", 3.5", and 2" squares. Then they give you patterns to use them with. One each time (bi-monthly) we get a commercial pattern and our wonderful teacher does at least one more that she writes up directions for herself. It is fun. I made one quilt top, but am not going to do the July one because I need to FINISH some of my "aged" quilt projects. I want to get my Nolting machine going again and get some tops quilted. I will continue cutting up scraps along the way. It's good to do when watching TV (not that I do that much!).

Although I HAVE been watching some of the movies I buy all of the time. I love movies!

I'm going to try to do this more often (write) and if I do that it will be shorter and it won't take much time. How's that for a plan? I want to post more photos, too! My photo download program doesn't work for Vista, so I have to do it on the computer that has XP on it., and put it on a jump drive and transfer it to another computer. I've been using my laptop a lot more, but still need to put the printer software on it or network it to this computer. I really do love new technology. I just wish I had more time to figure it all out!

Well, that's it for tonight. Daisy is on my lap and arm and half on the keyboard!

No comments: