Thursday, June 16, 2005

What a Day!

I am almost ready to leave. Getting ready to go to a quilt retreat and then directly to my archaeology field experience (dig) has been quite a task. Rich looked at my pile of stuff this morning and said, "You're going to fit all that in your car?" LOL Actually, I am not finished putting it all in yet, but I still have room in my trunk! I am packing a very different type of clothes for each part.

For the retreat I am taking two UFOs along to work on, my row quilt from my Thursday night friends' group (Seamster's Union) and one from quite a long time ago, Garden Pathways, for which I am working on the lollipop flowers border. I also am taking my DJ block things. I have knitting, too. Mittens, fluffy, furry Packer color mittens. I got the pattern from my friend Gail. I got the yarn from my friend Diane who made a pair and had enough left to make another. She gave me the knitting needles needed, too. I may work on these nights at the motel during the dig. That is, if I am not so exhausted that I fall directly asleep.

I am wondering how the dig will be. It could be interesting, or it could be hot, dirty and boring. Maybe it will be hot, dirty and interesting though. I hope so. They always give us so much to do and also not enough direction so we know what we are exactly supposed to do. I'm getting used to them though. I keep telling myself that this is 12 free graduate credits!

Better finish packing and get going! I still have to pick up some prescriptions, some envelopes and some food. Oh yeah, and MONEY. Have to buy fabric during the retreat, you know. Oh, and food and stuff for the retreat and next week. We have a motel room with a refrigerator. Bye for now.

No comments: