Monday, July 18, 2005

A memorable trip

Our last day of vacation... This afternoon my brother will be taking us to the airport and we'll fly home. With the free tickets we had to take what they gave us, so today it will be three different flights to get home. We'll get home quite a few hours later, past our bedtime! Tomorrow DH will be back at work and I have 2 appointments, so it's full speed ahead. Even though we had a great time, I am ready to be at home. In all, I have only been home for 4 days since school was over for the year. I need some home time!

We spent both of our weekends here at my brother and his wife's house in the mountains of Virginia. They have a beautiful place there and we spent a lot of time on a screened porch, relaxing and talking. My brother taught me a few things about my camera (I never have taken the time to really read that directions book!), so I am excited to experiment some more with that. I got some good photos during the time we were here, so I'll have to post them on my photo website. I'll let you know when they are there.

During the week while my DB and DSIL were working, Rich and I took off and went to Williamsburg, VA. We spent 3 nights and 2 days there. We saw as much as we could of the buildings, went on a couple of night excursions (ghosts...BOO!), and also had a fabulous meal at the King's Arms Tavern. We also hit a Nike outlet and bought shoes, and a pottery outlet and bought a few pieces of salt glaze pottery for my "collection," Thursday was our long day driving, as we went from Williamsburg to Asheville, NC. We got there at night and the next day went to Biltmore Estate. Wow, that was incredible. It is hard to believe that someone actually lived there. What an interesting day! The gardens were beautiful, too. No pictures there. I left my camera in the car rather than carry it around all day since we couldn't take any photos in the house.

The time spent at the mountain home was so relaxing, but we also did some things while there. We went to BBQ fest, but it rainned a lot that afternoon. We still had fun. We also went to some antique stores.

It'll be good to be home though, so I am looking forward to our last leg of this trip. Great times, fun and memories, but as it says in my favorite movie, "There's no place like home."

3 comments:

a messenger said...

Hay, Quilt chick Cathy here. I wondered where in the mountains in Va were you? I am located between Blacksburg and Catawba, near Roanoke. were you close?

Cathy

Unknown said...

Angel, it sounds like you guys had a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to see your pictures. One of these days I want to visit the Biltmore Estate I bet it was beautiful.. Hugs from your Quilt Chick Sis Tina

Angel said...

Fancy Gap Virginia, and without a map I couldn't tell you how close! I'll have to post my new photos to my Kodak site so you can see them.