Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I had a GREAT day!

I went to see my sister's new house today. It is really nice, and just perfect for them. After my tour we went to Cedarburg, which is a nice little tourist town. One of our favorite stores to buy things for our house is there, so we bought a few things there first. We went to the old mill which is all shops now, and found a few more things. So I am happppppeeeeeee about what I found. We are both making a "Fairy Garden" with some miniatures we found. You make it in a pot with some small house plants. I brought some moss back from her house to use in it. We have little gardening tools, wheelbarrow and watering can, and then a love seat, and two chairs (metal, look sort of like twig furniture) and also a little upside down terra cotta flower pot with a tiny tea set on it. We also have an arbor. I bought a sprig of stars to put on it, but then you plant something that will grow over it. Oh, and I also have a gazing ball on a pedestal! The stuff is just so darn CUTE! You can put it outside in the shade. I am looking forward to putting it together. I think I will stop tomorrow and get the pot and plants.

I have four things to do tomorrow, and one is to go buy my Nolting Fun Quilter and table! I get $700 off if I buy it before the 27th is over. It's a sale. I've been holding back since I won't have the space for it until the basement room is ready... and that will be awhile. It takes 6-8 weeks to get here, so I have that leeway, but if DH doesn't start working a bit faster it won't be ready by then. We shall see how it all pans out. I am excited to get the quilter so I can do all of those quilt tops I have sitting here in a tub.

I am getting together with my best friend from school tomorrow for coffee and discussion of a book we are reading together- _The Purpose Driven Life_. I am having some problems with the book, but plugging away at it anyway. At least I am trying.

I started going through my quilting files tonight. I am going to get rid of a lot. I have patterns from 1980 that I won't make. If I haven't made it by now, there are probably four more patterns I want to make more than the old ones. I'm organizing, but it is also so I can move the filing cabinet (It is 3.5 feet wide, five drawers tall. It's a product made by the company my DH works for. It is a second because of a dent, and it was inexpensive. A new one is quite expensive. It will be moved into my quilt studio when it is ready. For now I need to empty it so when the new carpeting is in the guest room I can move it in there to store temporarily. I have to get this room emptied so I can paint it and get it recarpeted. Don't worry, I will always have my sewing table set up somewhere!

I am soooo hot today! The humidity is awful. Life seems to be hot for me all the time lately. I'm hot. Well, I've always been HOT, but now I'm hot. 0=-) Of course, that beer I had didn't help much! TTYL Angel

2 comments:

Susan said...

The little fairy garden sounds really cute. And if it dies, it can be replaced pretty quickly! That's a big issue with me. =)

Congrats on the Fun Quilter! That is so cool, and what a great sale! What length table are you getting? I was playing around with a Nolting that had a 14' table, and I think it's too long. 10' is probably as short as I'd want to go. 12' is what I had and it was good, but rarely completely filled edge to edge.

I couldn't get through that book.

I know you are looking forward to that sewing room in the basement! It will be *cool* down there!

Maybe ice cream would be more help. =)

Unknown said...

Hi Sweet Carol,
It's nice to see you bloging again, we chicks have missed you on list and here. I have read The Purpose Driven Life twice, my sister and her family attend Rick's church, he is a very dynamic and powerful speaker and I have enjoyed all of his books. I hope you two will have a wonderful lively discussion and then come back and tell us about it. I was telling Susan that I am getting ready in August to start a Biblical class on the book of Daniel , it was written by Beth Moore, the class and book are geared toward women today and how the book of Daniel applies to our life....Any who this has become long winded see I've missed you Angel I hope to see you at retreat..
Hugs Tina