Monday, July 31, 2006

Wow, do I have a lot of fabric!

I've been refolding all of my fabric in the way I learned how to do it in my book about designing your perfect sewing space. I now have 7 (Count 'em, seven) large tubs (60 quart snap-top Rubbermaid) of folded fabric, and I am not even half finished. Gulp! It looked like a lot in my closet, but now that I've come OUT of the closet, I realize how much I really have! Also, my shoulders are getting really tired. I do a couple of tubs a day and then do other things. It is all going in tubs getting ready to move my sewing room downstairs... when it is finished. I am keeping out things to work on, and believe me I will have plenty to do without cutting up new fabric. I can see what is in the tubs though, if I need to find something. They are blue, but translucent.

Our new carpeting for the first bedroom I painted will be put in on Thursday. Today I emptied the rest of the closet. As soon as that carpeting is in I can start storing things in there. I talked to DH about the basement... and he said he is going to get it to the point of the flooring in by the time my quilt machine comes. So, it won't be totally done, but at least a majority of it will be done. I should go pick out flooring and have them come to measure for it soon so that it can be put in as soon as he is ready. It is taking three weeks for the carpeting to come in, so I wonder if the flooring will be the same. I also should have them measure this room for carpeting. I'm trying to get everything out of it for that before I go back to school. I need to paint it, too. Well, if I don't get it finished this summer I will do it on teacher convention days. We have to do so much other inservice that I don't go to the fall convention much. I usually go to the one day one in spring; it's right here in Green Bay.

Today I am feeling rather "bummed" about how long everything is taking and how little I feel like I am accomplishing with my time off from school. (You HAD to remind me, Susan!?!) In Wisconsin, school can't start for students until after Labor Day (Business people got that one through because of the tourism... they need students to work until then). I do have two meetings I have to go to on Aug. 22 and Aug. 24; one for curriculum writing and one for data analysis (looking at test scores and using them to set goals). These are both things I have to do because of being Social Studies Dept. Head at my school, but at least I will get paid for those days. We have two work days the week before Labor Day, plus an inservice day. So, I have four weeks left, with one of those having two meeting days, and then the week after that I have 3 days. I have done a bit of what I have to do to for school, but I have to spend a good day of work at home where I can spread things out. I'll put that off until closer to going back so I get in the mood. I hate to go back when there is so much I want to do. Boo! =-(

We were up at our camper trailer this weekend, but it was soooo hot that I barely went outside. I worked on a couple 0f DJ blocks that I had started awhile ago. I hate starting one and then not finishing it right away because I forget what I was thinking when I started it and I have to figure it all out again. But at least they are done now. I think I have about 60 squares left to do. Plus 40 triangles and four corners. Most of the squares are relatively simple, but I just need the time to do them. That's one thing I am leaving out to work on. Today the heat index is 109 degrees. I was only out for a couple of minutes and that was the end of that. I just can't take the heat any more. One more hot day, and then it is going to cool off. We may have a severe storm again before that happens. All of our rain storms this year have been extremely violent. Scary! Me no like!

I am also emptying out my huge 5 drawer large filing cabinet so it can be moved. I've got that half empty, too. The house looks a mess... cluttered, not dirty... and will look like that until all is rearranged. It drives me slightly bonkers. So what else is new, huh?

Angel

1 comment:

Susan said...

7 tubs, you oinker! =) Isn't it fun to see it all again, and touch it, imagining the things you will make?

Are you not carpeting the room with the longarm? I had a topgrade padding and mediocre carpeting. The padding is what is so important when you are standing for long periods of time. If you are not using carpeting, there's a pad that you will want to get in the walking area of your machine - save your feet!

Almost a whole month of freedom left! It takes however long it takes, and you are making a lot of progress, it just doesn't seem like it to *you*! Remember those seven tubs and the painting? Remember the file cabinet?

Remodeling, even if it doesn't involve major rebuilding, is still a time consuming process. When it's all finished, you will have a place of your own for lots of fun, though!