Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Well, I did it!

I ordered the Fun Quilter! If I bought both the machine and the table I got $700 off. It will take 6-8 weeks to get here. In addition to the machine and table (12 feet) I also get a bobbin winder, thread samples. needles, oil, set-up, 2 hours training and shipping and crating. It comes in three colors, so I picked purple. =-)

I also had my oil changed, in my car (my own oil wasn't changed, so I still squeak), stopped and bought a two plate hanger for on the wall in the guest room, and met with my friend for 3 hours (we did a lot of extra talking!) I had some things to pick up at the store, so I did that, and when I got home I realized I had forgotten to go to Steins (Garden Center) to get the plants for my fairy garden! Tomorrow...

I was just thinking that you used to be able to buy houseplants all over the place. When we first got married my job was at a Sears Store in the "Toy, Garden, and Pets Department." We had a huge house plant section. I can remember a lot of places that did that. Now the only place you can get houseplants around here is at a garden center. You used to be able to get sewing things in department stores, too, and that has gone the way of the home ec classes! Around here--- not much left. Well, at least I can still buy what I want! And I couldn't do without my Quilt Stores! When I first started quilting, there were no quilt stores. I got my fabric at JoAnn's or another fabric store. Things I made back then are faded terribly, even without being in the sun. Some of my navy blues are now gray. And the fabric!!! Every year I think it can't get any better, but it does.

I learned how to add links today, so I have links to my fellow QuiltChicks pages now. Baby steps. =-)

While I was writing, I decided to finish supper and I put some rice in a pan on the stove. I totally forgot about it! I ran in and all of the water was boiled away and it was burning on the bottom. I was just going to get it to a boil, and then turn it down and cover it, but because I forgot, I ended up putting it all in the garbage. Then I started more rice. This time I stayed until it was boiling, and turned it down and put the cover on it. Not the worst thing I ever did though! Once I let a candle burn down into the candle holder... which was wood... and it started on fire. Luckily one of my friends was here and saw it and told me and I carried it to the sink and put it out. Trouble seems to follow me. I don't know why! But I must have a good guardian angel, cuz I am still alive. 0=-)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Are you ready for school? When does it start?