Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's five o'clock in the morning

...but I haven't danced the whole night through. I've been awake since a storm went through about 3:30. Once I was awake that was it. Between hot flashes and DH's snoring, and my clenching my teeth, I haven't been able to sleep. DH gets up at 5:30, so maybe I can sleep some then.

Yesterday I went to get my bangs cut and then went to a yarn shop. I fell victim to the socks craze, buying a pattern and some of that yarn that gives you a design from the way the yarn is dyed. Don't know when I'll start them, but soon, I'm sure. I need to finish something else, first. And, it's on size TWO DP needles. Am I NUTS?????

Like I need another project.

But, as the QuiltChicks motto goes, "It's not a matter of need." 0=-)

I made real food for supper, too. Pork roast, dumplings and sauerkraut, a good German meal. I haven't made it for ages. In fact, I haven't COOKED in ages! Unless pizza counts.

Guess what! DH's retired electrician friend came over last night after supper and DH talked over all of the plans for the wiring downstairs. After his friend left, he actually STARTED!!! One night this week we are going to go to the store where we'll buy the flooring and decide what we'll be getting and talk to them about preparing for putting it in. We thought we'd better get in NOW in case it has to be ordered. The wiring, wallboard and flooring have to be in before my QUILT MACHINE comes. Woooo Hooooo! I am going to get some of the pads to stand on at the machine. The kind in pieces that you put togther like a puzzle. That's what the seller has and she said it's great. Otherwise my cleanup of the floor will mostly consist of a Swiffter (sp? I'm too lazy to go look); I love those things.

The guest room carpeting will be put in Thursday morning. It will be nice to have a place to put all of the stuff that is currently sitting in my living room... and dining room, and bedroom, and foyer, and a few things still left in the basement, like the treadmill and exercise bike. That room will be packed for a few weeks. We won't set up the bed until the other rooms are done.

Today I am going to start my bathroom redo by washing the walls. I think that I should do that to make sure there isn't any mildew or anything when I paint. Then I'll start putting on the painter's tape. Thursday after the carpeting is in I can have another frentic day of motion. That's what I am like lately. It's like, omigod it's AUGUST already, and I still have (want) to do this and this and this... Before I know it I'll be back with the rugrats. I have the paint for the bathroom already. After it's painted I also have a wall paper border I bought about two years ago. The bathroom "theme" is "There's No Place Like Home," (from my favorite movie), and besides a sign that says that, I have houses, the primitive country kind, in decorations, and pictures on the wall. That's what is on the border, too. This place is going to look great when I get finished with all of this. Then I'll have more time to sew, too!

DH will be up soon, so I think I'll quit going on and on and on, and end. Bye!
Angel

2 comments:

Penni said...

Welcome to the sock craze Carol. I joined it last week and can definitely see why it's addictive. Have managed one and 3/4 socks so far (they're ankle socks which knit up pretty quickly - let me know if you want me to send you the pattern.
Of course I've bought enough yarn to make another 4 pairs...

Susan said...

Oh, I feel so sorry for your early morning! I just hate when I *can* sleep, but my body won't cooperate! Socks - so many people seem to be getting on them. Did you check out Penni's blog, with her cool new sock? Or maybe that's what influenced you!