Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Can't sleep again!

Damn it! I am awake again, and can't relax. I had inservice today. The whole day was looking at data and goals. I was one of the presenters, since I do the goals for social studies. It just was such a boring day. No school tomorrow- the elementary teachers have their inservice tomorrow (there are too many teachers for all of us to meet anywhere all at once). Then Thursday and Friday are work days. I had them rearrange my room this summer, so we will see how that works out. I made a list of things to do while listening to our superintendent this morning.

Tomorrow I am going to Madison. Way back in June I left my school chair at the quilt retreat and a friend took it home. We are meeting tomorrow at a quilt store in Madison, and we'll transfer my chair to my car and also go out for lunch. I will be going to a few more places on the way home. The quilt store we are meeting at also has yarn, so I might see if they have some cool sock yarn. I still have to finish my first pair, of course. I'm going along well, though! =-)

One of the women from the campground died today. She was in her 40's and had an aneurysm burst in her brain. Her husband heard her fall and ran in the room she was in and called 911. She has been in a coma since last week. So sad. They have a daughter who they were taking to her first year of college this weekend. One of my co-worker's mother was killed this summer. She was getting the mail and a car tried to pass a tractor pulling something, and then realized there was a car coming head on, so he slammed on the brakes and tried to go back behind the tractor, but he lost control and hit my friend's mom broadside. Her father witnessed it, too. Just so senseless. I guess you never know when and how you are going to die (unless you are Owen Meaney).

Speaking of which, I finished my book tonight for book club. By John Irving, called _A Prayer for Owen Meaney_. It was a VERY good book. Sad, funny, thought provoking- interesting.

I finished quilting a lap quilt tonight. Next is binding. =-) This one is called "Tribble Trouble" after the Star Trek episode. It's in cream/tan and blues.I really like it. I started that one at a quilt get-a-way at Iron River years ago. I finished the blocks that weekend, added the border a couple of years later and now have it quilted.

I have it on my list to take pictures and to get the photos I do have off of the cards and into the computer. Then I can post some. =-) Yes, I am back to making lists... the only way I really get things done. If I write it down it gives me a goal, a purpose. I've been very lazy this summer, reading, gardening, knitting, beading, quilting... also cleaning, but less of that. But...

Summer's over, and I still have so many things I want to do!

No comments: