Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm back from Milwaukee...

and it is good news! My mom only has some blockage in two small branch arteries in her heart, and the main arteries are all good!!! So much better than what we were expecting to hear! She still has congestive heart failure and a leaky aortic valve, but if she does some simple exercise she can build up her stamina and not get short of breath so easily! Since I was sitting waiting, or in Mom's room I was glad I took my knitting along. I am making socks for the first time. I bought the yarn over a year ago, It is yarn that was dyed using a computer pattern so a pattern knits in without changing yarn. They are hot pink, with gray, black and white in the design stripes. I had done most of the top ribbing before taking it along. I finished that and am done with turning the heel and am ready to knit the rest of the foot part. I think I have one more row on the gusset to get down to the correct number of stitches again. This is FUN! I'll post a picture when one is done. Then you have to make another one! LOL DB, did you ever make your socks of the same yarn?

We stayed at my niece's house in Milwaukee last night and it was fun. She is such a good hostess. It was so generous of her to offer to put us up for the night. We went out to eat after leaving the hospital last night. She took us to an Italian Restaurant (with real Italians) which had fantastic food.

I am glad to be home. I am extremely tired. It is emotionally exhausting when you worry about someone like we have been worrying. I am so angry at her regular Dr. who told her that she would just have a heart attack and die and that there was nothing they could do. He should have NOT said that to her. Mom was convinced she would not return home from Milwaukee alive. She even wrapped Christmas presents before she went! Well, she, and all of us, are feeling considerably better tonight.

I am working on quilting another quilt on my Nolting. "Tribble Trouble" is what it is called. I have it about half quilted with a maze type of pattern (free hand). I did that Wed. but didn't have time to finish. Of course, I also washed floors and did 4 loads of laundry in between quilting. I plan to finish quilting it tomorrow and get the binding on and ready to hand sew. I'll call the quilter's on retreat this weekend (where I had planned to be) but I am too tired to drive there for one day. Next time. DH is still going up to the trailer this weekend after he works tomorrow, but I just want to stay home and do some things here. I start back to school next Tuesday. Where does the time go???

No comments: