Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I had another interesting day...

From the Podiatrist to quilt stores...

I went to the Podiatrist first. I found out the "bump" on the side of my foot is a Ganglion Cyst. He "aspirated" it (sounds better than sticking a needle in it and sucking out the synovial fluid that I was in it). I also had "casts" made so they can make orthodics for me to wear in my shoes. He said they are very thin and will fit in most shoes. I also have an appointment to have a toe nail cut away so I can clear up a little "problem" (gross, huh?). But after that I drove to Madison and met a friend. I found some border and backing fabric for the lap quilt that I am making for my Mom (Yellow Brick Road). I also bought more sock yarn! I am not even finished with the first sock and now I have yarn to make 5 more! LOL I also bought a book about embellishing quilts with beads. I went to two other quilt stores on the way home, and found a binding fabric and another book which gave me an idea for what to do with my appliqued flower blocks that are still OK after that serious bleeding problem and subsequent ruining of 8 of the blocks. Now I am going to go to bed. Hopefully I will SLEEP tonight!!!

No comments: