Monday, August 17, 2009

Only a week left...

until I go back to school. It goes too darn fast!!! I've been in a cleaning frenzy- cleaning out cupboards and drawers and closets. I've made three trips to St. Vincent de Paul with donations so far. I've wanted to do that for a couple of years, I think. My best friend at school, Kathy, spent almost her whole summer with her sister who died recently from kidney cancer. I helped her clean out her sister's closets, and then came home and started doing my own. I have some more to do in the kitchen and the closet in the laundry room, but got a lot finished. Of course, that means other things didn't get done and I haven't been getting a lot of quilting done. I did finish my Christmas blocks, and did my blocks for a mystery quilt with my former quilting group in Two Rivers. We got three fabrics from someone and had to make a quilt with those, adding other fabrics, too, if we wanted. I made flower blocks, and have to get them together and quilted before November. Today I am going to finally get a quilt on my quilting machine and start quilting! I have a number of others that I want to quilt. Maybe I can get on a roll. More soon!

No comments: