Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Another one of those nights...

where I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep. I have a headache. I had a great day, though! I had my lesson on the Fun Quilter. I can hardly wait to get mine now! Because of doing machine quilting with my Bernina, I didn't have too much difficulty, although I definitely need to practice. It is different moving the machine instead of the quilt. She was showing me (and drew them on my practice piece) different designs. Fun is a good name for this quilt machine! After my lesson I went to see a friend. She had me for lunch. I haven't seen her for a couple of years, and hadn't really sat and talked to her for at least SIX years. We picked right up where we left off though, no problem. I hope we don't wait that long to get together again. She told me about a fabric map of the world she had found at Wal-Mart, and I stopped to get one. It will go up on my current events bulletin board and I am going to have students stick a push pin in the part where their current event is from. I make them do a story with a dateline from somewhere outside of the United States. Another thing I did today was stop at a store I like and I found something to get for my sister for a house warming gift. I liked it so much I bought one for me, too! LOL As I was driving to my friend's place today, I spotted a store that I had not seen before. It is called "Primitive Heart." Sounds like it definitely has possibilities! I will need to go check it out. No time today.

Tonight after supper DH and I went downstairs to clean up in the basement. I was picking up the waste pieces of wallboard and sweeping. I got quite a lot done in my quilt studio area. He was cleaning in his shop. Temporarily he is moving all machines to one end so he can put all of the things from his carving shop (he calls them his dirty shop [sawdust] and his clean shop) so the vinyl can be put on the floor in there, too. There are only a few things left in my studio area that have to be moved out yet. After I worked for awhile I asked DH for a mask. I think that is why I have a headache, breathing in that dust at first.

Tomorrow (or later this morning) is my last day of summer break. I think I will finally get that fabric painted! I have had everything out to do it for two weeks or so. I hate to think about being back at work with no time for me again. Hopefully this year won't be as bad since I don't have an overload and I have one year of being department head under my belt.

One of the things I was thinking about when I woke up is my sons. I was talking about them with my friend today. Even when your children are adults you wish you could "kiss it and make it all better." But you can't. So I just love them.

3 comments:

Jaden said...

BIIIIG HUG! 8^D Love you, too, Mom!

Susan said...

A "get acquainted" geography idea, as long as you have the big map up - have students put a pin in for where they were born. Unless you have an unusual population at your school, it will be from a wide variety of places.

Pretty soon you will have your own quilting machine! I'm only a little jealous. =)

Angel said...

Well, Susan, I was always jealous of YOU when you had your long arm! VBG