Monday, August 07, 2006

Oh, I wish I could sing

...so you would all be able to hear me! What a glorious day it is today! The weather is absolutely beautiful, and I hope not to spend all of the day inside! But... times a'wastin, and I have miles to go before I sleep!

I had my granddaughter from Thursday evening until Sunday evening. On Friday I took her down to see my mom and dad. We were going to go swimming in Lake Michigan, which would have been a first for her, but the beaches were all closed because of E. coli pollution. DARNNIT! We have had heavy rain and the run off into the lake causes it. Both farm manure run off and untreated sewage that goes in when the system can't handle the overload during the rain. Milwaukee does that all the time. So, instead, she went swimming in the pool where my parents live, and she was the only one in the pool! Then, on Saturday, we went to our camper by ourselves. Her dad came up on Sunday, spent some time and then tool her home. DH didn't go to the camper. He stayed home and worked on wiring my QUILTING STUDIO!!!!!!!! He told me that he is up to the lights part, the outlets are finished. Well, they aren't useable yet, but tomorrow night his retired electrician friend is coming over to do the hook up into the new circuits in the box, and he will also assist DH in hooking the outlets to the wires that are all in place. Then DH is going to start the wall board. He will have everything done that needs to be done before the walls get put on (and painted), and that has to be done before the flooring can go in, which needs to be done before my Nolting Fun Quilter arrives! The entire room will not be done by then, but we will continue to work on it. My storage area won't be built until after the machine arrives, but soon after, I think. I am going to put pre-made kitchen cupboards in where I can, and the rest DH will have to build. I am getting so EXCITED!!!! (Can you tell???) I will have to post photos once it is done.

Today I am working on painting my bathroom. Tomorrow I am going back up to the camper for a few days of "girl time." A number of the women are planning to spend some time together. We've been beading together (and, I'll admit, drinking a bit...). Thursday I will come home for an appointment. Then I will continue working on the house, and pack for a quilt weekend with my quilting buddies. One has a cottage on a lake, and we have been going there for a mini retreat for about 4 years now. Not sure what I will be taking... maybe Dear Jane. I'd like to get that finished. I can't go up until Sat. morning because we have a 50th wedding anniversary party to go to on Friday night. It is one of DH's carving friends and his wife. Nice peoples! =-)

So, if I am not posting regularly this week, you will know why! Gotta get back to the bathroom... the walls are calling me!

Angel

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time. Too bad about the lake. Enjoy the girl times - good luck with the DJ! Your quilting room is coming right along. I know you are excited about getting that machine. I would be, too!