Thursday, August 31, 2006

Millions of things...

are going through my head. I should be sleeping, since I have to get up in 5 hours, but I was in bed wide awake so I decided to get up and write in my blog. Hey, does anyone know why blogs are called blogs?

We had an inservice day today, and it actually wasn't too boring! We also had time to meet as a staff, and then meet with our department. We discussed department goals and a few things we needed to talk about. I won't even have to have a meeting on our work days! =-) Tomorrow we start with an all school meeting, but it won't be as long since we did some things today. I will have time in the next couple of days to really work on my plans for the year.

On my last day off yesterday I planted a "Fairy Garden" in a pot. It will have to come in during the winter, but it is outside right now. I went shopping with one of my sisters this summer and we both bought little metal arbors, chairs, a loveseat (looks like willow stuff), a little flower pot upside down as a table with a tiny tea set on it, a wheel barrow with garden tools, a watering can, and I even have a little gazing ball. I put it all in a pot with some plants, with texture and different colors of green and heights. I got some moss from my sister, which I have under the arbor, and I put little river pebbles around all of the plants. It's really cute. I'll have to see if I can get a picture.

Yesterday I alsoI painted some fabric. I have to have a small challenge quilt done by Sept. 18th. We were to look at a watercolor painting of a Lake Michigan shoreline that they have at the Rahr Art Gallery in Manitowoc, and make something that it inspires us to make. Because watercolors are so "blendy" painting fabric seemed the way to go. Now I am going to make a design and cut pieces to make it. Mine is going to be "November Sky Over Lake Michigan." I did fabric last year, but I needed something darker for water. So I experimented and did a couple of pieces. Oh, that reminds me, I still have the fabric hanging outside to dry. Last year I went to a friend's house and she taught me how to do it. I realized I forgot some things yesterday. I might decide to paint some more so I know I have enough useable pieces.

DH plastered all of the wallboard seams, and screws tonight. It took him about four hours. Tomorrow night he plans to do a second coat, and since he is texturing the walls, that should be enough. He bought a new contraption that is used to texture. Hopefully it won't be too hard! So he should be painting next week (he's using a sprayer), and then we'll be ready for the vinyl. I am getting sooooo excited! I was down there tonight and I could see it finished in my mind, and I just thought, "It's becoming a reality." =-)

Did you hear about the blond who was driving down the road and saw another blond out in the middle of a farmer's field in a row boat? She slammed on the brakes and got out of her car and yelled at the blond in the field, "It's blondes like you who give blondes like me a bad name, and if I could swim, I'd come out there and kick your ass!

3 comments:

Penni said...

Hi Carol,

blog is short for web log. I learnt that just the other day!

Angel said...

Thank you! I figured the "log" part, but couldn't figure out the "b" part! Makes sense now! =-)

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a busy "last day of freedom" day! =)